Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive system and its disorders. Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which include the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal, are the focus of this speciality. Hepatology, or hepato-biliary medicine, encompasses the study of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tract, and is traditionally considered a sub-speciality.
We at Kiran Hospital Provide Comprehensive 24 hour services for Acute GI emergencies like Acute Bleeds, Hepatic Emergencies, and Foreign body management etc… with wide range of latest Endoscopic set up for Diagnostic & Therapeutic GI procedures supported by round the clock Emergency Department & ICUs.
Our team of well experienced Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic and Transplant surgeons caters variety of patients for various GI Surgeries which includes upper gastrointestinal, hepato-biliary, pancreatic, colorectal, laparoscopic, Onco-surgery etc. using advanced technology & latest guidelines. The department of Gastroenterology & GI surgery is well supported with world class diagnostic facilities like CT scan, MRI, PET CT scan, SPECT CT scan, Nuclear medicine, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy services, Interventional Radiology services, state of the art operation theaters and tertiary level of ICU care.
- A State-of-the-art modern endoscopic suit for GI, Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic diagnostic services with latest Gastroscope, Duodenoscope, Enteroscope, Colonoscope, radial & linear Endoscopic Ultrasound Scope (EUS).
- Modern modular Operation Theater for Gastrointestinal, Hepato-Biliary, Pancreatic ,Bariatric & Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery equipped with Ultra-Modern Anesthesia machines , Laminar Flow, Fluroscopy Machines etc….Supported by CSSD Department for sterilization & disinfection & Diagnostic radiology services like CT scan, MRI, PET CT scan, SPECT CT scan, Nuclear medicine, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy services, Interventional Radiology services, Pathology lab and tertiary level of ICU care.
- High Definition(HD) Laparoscopy Instrumentation set
- Tissue Sealers
- Vessel Sealing technology
- Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator
- Gastro-intestinal Anastomosis Stapler (GIA) & Endo-GIA Stapler.
- Abdominal Retractor System
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy for Liver, Gall Bladder and Pancreas:
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic ERCP- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Sigmoidoscopy
- Endosonography with FNAC ,Biopsies, Celiac plexus block / neurolysis ,pancreato-gastrostomy, Cysto-gastrostomy / Cysto-duodenostomy,biliary drainage,pelvic abscess drainage,Cyst fluid aspiration
- PEG (Percutaneus Endoscopic Gastrostomy)
- Pseudocyst Drainage
- Management of life threatening conditions such as acute liver failure, GI bleeding, acute pancreatitis, acute colitis…etc.
- Management of all type of jaundice Hepatitis A, B, C, E Drug induced etc., liver disorders (cirrhosis of liver & its complications).
- Management of Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- Foreign body removal from GI tract.
- Treatment of Gall Bladder Stones, Common Bile duct Stones ,gall stone removal and stenting
- Management of all cases of pain in abdomen
- Difficulty in swallowing, Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD )
- Variceal banding
- Management of Constipation & Diarrhea
- Management of Dyspepsia
- Management of Blood in Vomiting (Hematemesis) Blood in stools (Melena)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Treatment of Diseases of the pancreas, including acute and chronic pancreatitis, autoimmune pancreatitis, hereditary pancreatitis, pancreatic, pancreatic cysts, adult cystic fibrosis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (Gastritis, Gastric Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer), Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Endoscopic removal of polyps and dilation for strictures
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy
- Basic & advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for Pancreas, Appendix, Hiatus Hernia, Intestine, & Gall Bladder
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastrointestinal cancer (anal, colon, rectal, stomach, small bowel, gallbladder, liver, bile duct)
- Hepato-Biliary Surgery- Surgery for Liver, Gall bladder & Bile Duct Cancer.
- Surgery for Pancreas & Pancreatic Cancer.
- Intestinal & Colorectal Surgery
- Surgery for Hemorrhoids, Fistula & Fissure.