HEART FRIENDLY TIPS
Incorporate fiber rich foods like beans, whole grains, Fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds in your diet as they prevent over eating and help in proper absorption of nutrients, maintain healthy weight and also help prevent high cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Taking 1tbsp Flax-seeds everyday helps regulate Cholesterol and blood sugar levels and also helps prevent Arthritis due to its high fiber content and presence Omega 3 fatty acids
Brown Rice is high in fiber, selenium and magnesium. It helps burn fat and satisfying appetite. It also helps maintain a healthy nervous system and lowers cholesterol.
Take on teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it empty stomach. It helps in weight loss.
Soak one 5g-10g Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) overnight in water and taking the seeds empty stomach in the morning helps regulate blood sugar levels and reducing triglycerides as it contains a specialized type of soluble fiber "Galactomannan"
Heart Friendly Tips
- Avoid Table salt
- Sugar consumption should not exceed more than 15g-20g/day i.e 3tsp-4tsp/day
- Fat consumption should not exceed 15g/day I.e 3tsp/day which includes oil, butter and ghee
- Consume 3-4 servings of vegetables/day and 2-3 servings of fruits/day
- Avoid smoking and excess consumption of alcohol
- Exercise each day for at least half an hour to forty five minutes as it helps reduce stress and anxiety.
The Label Language
- Fat free: Less than 0.5 grams per serving
- Low saturated fat: 1 gram or less per serving
- Low fat: 3 grams or less per serving
- Reduced Fat: At least 25% less fat than regular version
- Light in fat: Half the fat of the regular version
- Calorie free: Less than 5 calories per serving
- Low calorie: 40 calories or less per serving
- Reduced or less: At least 25% fewer calories than regular version
- Light or lite: half the fat or a third of the calories of regular version
- Free or salt free: Less than 5 milligrams per serving
- Very low sodium: 35 milligrams or less per serving
- Low sodium: 140 milligrams or less per serving
- Low sodium meal: 140 milligrams or less per 100 grams
- Reduced or less: At least 25% less than regular version
- Light in sodium: Half the sodium of the regular version
- Unsalted or No salt added to the product: No salt added during processing
Contact Kiran Hospital
No matter which part of the world you are in, you can now contact Kiran Hospital's International Patient Care Department to be your dedicated point of contact for all health related queries.
Dedicated Help Line
Clinical Trials Day Observes every year on May 20, 2022, by raising clinical trial awareness and honoring clinical research professionals across the globe.