Neurosurgery at kiran hospital is the speciality concerned with the surgical treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column, trauma as well as the nerves. Among medical specialties, neurosurgery is, by far one of the most technically advanced.
The advent of techniques of minimally invasive surgery have contributed to a much shorter hospital stay and heightened patient comfort, while maximizing the efficacy of the procedure.
The Department of Neurosurgery at kiran hospital is fully equipped to perform all types of surgeries for a wide range of illnesses.
- The Neurosurgery department is well-supported by other clinical services including Radiology, Neurology, Oncology, Head and Neck surgery, Endocrinology and Pathology.
- Modern modular Operation Theater for Neuro Surgery equipped with Ultra-Modern Anesthesia machines, Laminar Flow, Fluoroscopy Machines etc.…Supported by CSSD Department for sterilization & disinfection & Diagnostic radiology services like CT scan, MRI, PET CT scan, SPECT CT scan, Nuclear medicine, Interventional Radiology services, Pathology lab and tertiary level of ICU care.
- Neuro Surgery department is supported by very well trained neuro surgeon, Qualified Anesthetist & Paramedical staff who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency cases.
- The O.T complex is located on the fourth floor and includes 11 fully equipped operating rooms equipped with the latest and high end instruments for both conventional and advanced neuro surgeries
- The management of entire spectrum of brain tumors by advanced techniques used to preserve functional integrity of the brain and spine including functional MRI, Neuro-navigation for image-guided surgery, awake surgery for Brain tumors, and intraoperative electrophysiology like sensory, motor-evoked potential monitoring.
- Management of aneurysms and vascular malformation of complex types.
- Management of Age related and other degenerative conditions of the spine like disc prolapse, spondylolisthesis, complex Craniovertebral junction anomalies and other conditions of the vertebral column like traumatic spine fractures. we offer range from routine micro discectomy to artificial disc replacement surgeries of the lumbar and cervical spine.
- Management of Various spinal tumors including meningioma’s, schwannomas, ependymal, gliomas etc are treated using most advanced intraoperative monitoring modalities.
- Diagnosis and Treatment congenital hydrocephalus, spina bifida and tethered cord. Congenital craniofacial anomalies/craniosynostosis are managed in conjunction with the Departments of Maxillofacial Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
- The neurosurgical trauma care attend to wide range of brain and complex spine trauma.
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery/neuroendoscopy for hydrocephalus, brain biopsy.
- Management of pediatric spine pathologies, scoliosis correction, epilepsy surgery, pediatric head injury, pediatric vascular malformation.
- Minimally invasive surgery-Stereotactic, Endoscopic and endoscope assisted surgery.
- Peripheral nerve and plexus surgery
THE DEPARTMENT IS SUPPORTED BY STATE-OF-THE-ART DEDICATED NEUROSURGICAL OPERATION THEATERS EQUIPPED
- Transcranial Doppler sonography
- Siemens C arm with facility for DSA.
- Karl Storz Ventriculoscope and Transnasal Neuroendoscopy system
- Carl Zeiss Operating Microscopes
- Valley Lab Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical aspirator (CUSA)
- Nicolet Viking Intraoperative electrophysiological monitoring
- Midas Rex (Legend) and Anspach high speed pneumatic drill system
- Xomed Cranial nerve monitor
- A dedicated Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit, with most advance ventilators and multichannel invasive monitors for all beds, provides comprehensive care for postoperative and acutely ill patients.
Our Visionary Leaders
Here Some Of
And Share Their Experiences
Amazing Hospital with Great Service and Quality Patient Treatment. The Hospital is Located in Katargam, Surat and is well connected via road. It provides high level of Care for patients as well as all other amenities any person will need while admitted.