General & Laparoscopic Surgery
General surgery is a surgical speciality that focuses on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland . They also deal with diseases involving the skin, breast, soft tissue, trauma, peripheral vascular surgery and hernias.
- The General Surgery department at Kiran Hospital offers tertiary care facilities i.e. conventional as well as laparoscopic surgical procedures from very simple small swelling to most complicated trauma & other surgeries.
- General surgeons perform consultation and surgery on medical conditions involving the breast, endocrine system, gastrointestinal tract, colon, liver, pancreas and rectum.
- The general surgeons work closely with other specialists involved in each patient's care to diagnose and provide timely surgical intervention for complex conditions.
- General Surgery department is supported by very well trained Laparoscopic surgeon, Qualified Anesthetist & Paramedical staff who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency cases.
- The O.T complex is located on the fourth floor and includes 11 fully equipped operating rooms equipped with the latest and high end instruments for both conventional and advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- A minor procedure room for day-care surgeries
- Adjacent preoperative & postoperative suite.
Various types of Surgeries performed at Kiran Hospital are as following:
- Hydrocele & Varicocele
- Varicose Vein Surgeries
- Ulcer, Wound & Abscess surgeries.
- Excision of Swelling & Lumps
- Lymph node biopsies
- Retroperitoneal tumors
- Ventral hernia (open and laparoscopic)
- Incisional hernia (open and laparoscopic)
- Inguinal hernia (open and laparoscopic)
- Femoral hernia
- Thyroid: nodules, cysts, cancer, hyperthyroidism
- Parathyroid: parathyroidectomy (standard and minimally invasive)
- Cysts, lumps, cancer, nipple discharge
- Breast-conserving surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary dissection
- Cancer &GI stromal tumors, Lymphoma
- Peptic ulcer, Gastroparesis and postgastrectomy syndromes
- Primary and metastatic liver tumors
- Intrahepatic and hilar cholangiocarcinoma
- Benign tumors and cysts
- Surgical shunts for portal hypertension
- Gallstones – laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Benign biliary strictures
- Cancer of the gallbladder
- Extrahepatic bile duct cancer
- Pancreatic and periampullary cancer
- Islet cell tumors
- Cystic tumors of the pancreas
- Open and minimally invasive splenectomy
- Malignant tumors of the small intestine
- Obstruction and fistulae
- Pile, Fissure & Fistula -in -Ano Surgeries
- Colon cancer
- Disease of the appendix- Open & Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Our Visionary Leaders
Here Some Of
And Share Their Experiences
I am Chandrika Rajesh Chhodwadia Admitted in Hospital for Appendix operation on 6/9/18 to 12/9/18. Operation done successfully by Dr Chintan Patel. I am satisfied of treatment by Dr Chintan Patel.. And Also I appreciate of insurance Guys in Kiran Hospital... Their Service is Excellent... I recommend Kiran Hospital...
Hospital is one of the best in Surat. Hospital is clean and well maintained equipment are latest and charges are reasonably priced as compared to other Hospitals. Dr Chintan B Patel made my mother feel comfortable during my entire course of surgery. I would recommend KIRAN Hospital for surgery. My mother got operated for fissure and piles surgery and doing great .Pain is almost zero Thanks to the doctor and treating staff and Nurses.